15 mins total 0 mins prep
- Using fork, mash avocado with lime juice in small bowl.
- Add cilantro, chopped onion, chopped garlic, serrano chiles and salt.
- Stir to combine.
20 mins total 0 mins prep
- Roast the poblano chiles on a grill or BBQ and let cool.
- Dice the tomatoes, poblano chiles, onion, and jalapeños.
- Combine all the ingredients and season to taste.
2 hr total 0 mins prep
- Soak dry chiles in water overnight or until soft. Discard water. Remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients except meat in food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over meat and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to about 400 degrees, or if cooking inside heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat. Salt meat to taste. Grill meat about 4 minutes per side, depending upon thickness, until done.
- Serve with rice, black beans or choice of side dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Or serve in a burrito.