This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

AGAR AGAR

 http://www.rotinrice.com/


Clear Layer
4 cups (960ml) water
2 tbsp agar-agar powder
½ cup (110g) sugar
¼ tsp rose essence

Instructions

Prepare an 8”x8” pan, 7”x5½ pan, and a small heart shape (or any other shape) cookie cutter.

Prepare the red layer first. Bring water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Add sugar and agar-agar, stirring constantly until sugar and agar-agar dissolve, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in rose essence and red food coloring. Turn off heat. Pour agar-agar mixture into 8”x8” pan. Allow agar-agar to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Unmold agar-agar and place it on a cutting board. Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes. Place cut-out shapes in desired arrangement back onto the 8”x8” pan and the 7”x5½” pan.
Now, prepare the clear layer. Bring water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Add sugar and agar-agar, stirring constantly until sugar and agar-agar dissolve, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in rose essence. Pour agar-agar mixture into pans with cut-out shapes. Shapes may move about slightly. Use a fork or chopsticks to straighten the shapes if necessary. Allow agar-agar to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Unmold and cut into squares or shapes as desired. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment