This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Horchata

From Saveur magazine

http://www.saveur.com/article/Kitchen/Horchata-Recipes-Six-Ways



Horchata Blanca (White Rice Drink)

The recipe for this rice drink was developed by Fany Gerson, who named it for its pure white color. Creamy and sweet, it's a far cry from traditional horchatas — this is almost like a dessert, and equally good served hot or cold.
Horchata Blanca (White Rice Drink)ENLARGE IMAGECredit: Anna Stockwell
SERVES 8

INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup medium or long grain rice
1 1-inch piece Mexican cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
12 oz. evaporated milk 
14 oz. condensed milk
freshly ground Mexican cinnamon, to garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

Toast the cinnamon and rice in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat until they release a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and transfer onto a blender; blend into a fine powder. Add the vanilla, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and 4 cups of water. Strain mixture through a wet cheesecloth into a serving pitcher. Chill completely, and serve over ice, or heat and serve warm. Top with freshly ground cinnamon right before serving.


Variations:
blend with melon
blend with berries
blend with almond

No comments:

Post a Comment