This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Monday, May 28, 2012

crispy baked fried chicken drumsticks


http://backtoherroots.com/2012/05/24/crispy-baked-fried-chicken-drumsticks/


Ingredients

  • 2 cups bran/flax or corn flakes, crunched into fine crumbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 6 chicken drumsticks

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. In a shallow pan, mix together cereal crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sage, and paprika.
  3. Place flour in a second shallow pan.
  4. In a third shallow pan, whisk together the egg and milk.
  5. Dip each drumstick into the flour, shaking of excess, then into the egg mixture, shaking of excess. Then press into the cereal crumbs until well-coated. Place drumsticks (not touching) in a baking dish coated with cooking spray and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment