This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 16, 2012

swedish meatball


http://iamafoodblog.com/ikea-swedish-meatball-recipe/
IKEA SWEDISH MEATBALL RECIPEslightly adapted from ikea-friends.com
yield: 16 large meatballs
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
    1/2 pound ground pork
    1 egg
    2.5 tablespoons finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko)
    2 small potatoes
    3 tablespoons butter
    salt and white pepper
    1/4 teaspoon all spice
Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Place in a small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes until fork tender and drain well. You can mash the potatoes at this point, or if you have a potato ricer, use the potato ricer for fluffy potato grains. Set aside until completely cool.
In a frying pan, melt a tablespoon of butter over medium heat and brown the onions. Remove and set aside.
Mix all the ingredients until homogenous and flavour generously with salt, white pepper and the all spice. Shape the meat into balls.
In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat up the remaining butter over medium heat. Fry the meatballs slowly,  turning when needed, until a golden-brown crust forms and the meatball is cooked throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment