This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ginger Scallion Beef

Rasa Malaysia

Ingredients:
8 oz beef flap meat, beef tenderloin or beef flank steak, sliced
2 1/2 tablespoons oil
1-inch ginger, peeled and thinly shredded
3 stalks scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 tablespoons Sherry wine or Shaoxing wine
Marinade:
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Maggi seasoning
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 dash of white pepper
Method:
1. Marinate sliced beef with all the Marinade ingredients and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
2. In a wok, heat up oil until very high heat, stir-fry shredded ginger, and scallions until fragrant.
3. Toss in beef slices and continue to stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until beef is nicely browned.
4. Add in cooking wine and briskly stir-fry for another 1 minute. Dish out and serve with steamed rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment