This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Golden Fragrant Clam

From Rasa Malaysia


Kam Heong Clams Recipe (Golden Fragrant Clams/Kam Heong Lala/金香拉拉)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs Manila clams
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons oil
2 sprigs of curry leaves, use only leaves
8-10 bird’s eye chilies, chopped or 5 Serrano chilies
1 tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked in water, drained and minced
8 shallots, lightly chopped or 1/2 a medium-sized onion
salt to taste (optional)
Seasoning Sauce:
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon soybean paste
1 1/4 tablespoons curry powder
1 1/2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
1 teaspoon sugar
Method:
1. Clean and scrub the shell of the clams thoroughly. Soak in salt water for 30 minutes, rinse in cold water and drained.
2. In a bowl, mix all the Seasoning ingredients, stir well and set aside.
3. Heat up oil in a wok. Stir-fry curry leaves, chilies and dried shrimp until fragrant. Add in chopped shallots and continue to stir-fry for 30 seconds.
4. Toss in the clams and Seasoning Sauce, and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute. Cover the wok and let the clams cook until they open up. Remove wok cover, give a quick stir, dish out and serve with steamed white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment