This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Roast chicken

From Michael Symon through Pat

Patricia Ong
Jan 4

to me, Elsie
1 whole chicken
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
some thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
1 lemon

1) season chicken with salt the night before (above and below skin)

2) preheat oven to 425F.

3) slice lemons 4 thin slices,  put it under the skin with bay leaves on each lemon slice

4) cut up onions chunks, couple cloves garlic, thyme leaves, big chunk of rest of lemon -- all put in cavity

5) put chicken in pan. (I use a stainless steel frying pan) put pinch salt, black pepper on top and drizzle EVOO  (xtra virgin olive oil) all over on top.

6) roast for 1 hour or put thermometer in and it reads 180F.

By Michael Symon (whatever the spelling is -- that iron chef guy)

No comments:

Post a Comment