This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Baked Latkes

Baked Latkes


Provided by:
1 hr total 30 mins prep

Ingredients

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 425F. Wash and dry potatoes and remove the dry, outer skin from the onion (there is no need to peel the potatoes). Grate, preferable using a fairly large/coarse grater, potatoes and onion. Place mixture in a colander or sieve and press down firmly with a paper towel to remove some of the excess moisture. Stir potato mixture and repeat.
  • Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl and stir in the egg. In a small bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt and flour, then stir that in as well.
  • Drop latke mixture in 2-3 tbsp measures, forming 2-3 inch pancakes that are about 1/4 inch thick (sightly thicker is ok), on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then turn the pancakes over, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Latkes should be deep gold on both sides when done, so add a minute or two to the baking time, if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment