This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Indian Style Lamb Shank

Indian-Style Lamb Shanks
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by:
6 hr total 0 mins prep

Ingredients

Directions

  • In a small bowl, combine garam masala, sugar, salt, and pepper. Rub half the mixture into lamb shanks; reserve remaining mixture.
  • In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Working with 2 lamb shanks at a time, cook until browned all over, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining lamb.
  • In a 4 to 7 quart slow cooker, stir together tomatoes, chutney, garlic, water, and remaining spice mixture. Add lamb and spoon some tomato mixture over. Cover and cook over low for 6 hours or until lamb is tender. Transfer lamb to a platter, skim and discard any fat from surface of sauce, taste and adjust salt if necessary. Spoon sauce over lamb and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment