This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Char Siu Pork

source: http://thespanishwok.blogspot.com/2011/12/char-siu-pork.

Char Siu Pork

Char Siu Pork, sliced & ready to eat

A classic chinese dish.  Those (my wonderful readers I mean) who are already familiar with The Spanish Wok will know just how much I love Char Siu, I sometimes wonder if I could actually eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper every day!!!!

My cooking method is a little different to most, but I promise you this way provides the most succulent, moist, delicious piece of pork you will ever have eaten.  Please give it a try and come back to let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you.

This dish is a firm favourite in our household and it can be used in so many different dishes.  Subscribe or follow The Spanish Wok  and be the first to view more recipes including this delicious pork dish in the future.



Approx 750g pork tenderloin
1 1/2 tbs runny honey, mixed with 1 1/2 tbs hot water.

Marinade:-
3 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs sake or dry sherry
4 tbs hoisin sauce
1 tsp chinese five spice powder
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic powder
dash red food colouring (optional, but gives an authentic & beautiful colour)

Combine all marinade ingredients and put into a plastic freezer type bag.

Clean pork tenderloin by removing sinews etc, prick all over with a metal skewer and add pork to marinade in bag. Tie knot in top and massage marinade well into pork.

Leave in fridge overnight, massaging occasionally.

Preheat oven to 200c. Half fill a deep roasting tin with water and place a wire rack on top.

Remove pork from marinate (reserve marinate and set aside for later) and place on wire rack over the water bath.

Roast for 15 mins, remove and baste with marinate. Lower oven temperature to 180c and roast a further 10 mins.

Remove and baste with honey/water mixture. Roast a further 10 mins.

Let it rest and slice thinly.

Meanwhile, pour marinade into a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil, simmer 2 mins and serve with pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment