This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shepards Pie

Quick Shepherd's Pie
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by:
30 mins total 25 mins prep
Facing a mound of uneaten mashed potatoes? Celebrate. It saves you a step when making this hearty beef shepherd's pie.

Ingredients

Directions

  • Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Add beef and 1/2 teaspoon salt and brown meat, stirring to break up lumps, about 4 minutes. Add soup and Worcestershire and bring to a boil. Boil until liquid in pan is completely evaporated, about 10 minutes.
  • Preheat broiler.
  • Transfer beef mixture to a 3-qt flameproof baking dish, then spread potatoes evenly over beef. Broil until potatoes are browned in places and heated through, about 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment