This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chocolate Cake (Rasa Malaysia)

Rich Chocolate Cake
print Rich Chocolate Cake
Adapted from Little Teochew
Ingredients:
250g Butter
180g Castor Sugar
4 large eggs
200g Dark Chocolate
220g Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2Tbsp Chocolate Powder
250ml Fresh Milk
Ganache Topping:
200g Dark Cooking Chocolate
1/2  cup whipping cream
50g butter
Method:
Melt the cooking chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
Pour in melted chocolate.
Fold in flour in 3 batches and alternate with milk.
Bake at a preheated oven at 160 degree Celsius for about 50 minutes. Test with a skewer, the skewer must come out clean.
Remove and let it cool before putting the topping.
Making the ganache:
Put chocolate, whipping cream and butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water and stir until melted and smooth.
Let it cool slightly and spread on to the cake evenly.
Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment