This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baked Potatoes with Wild Mushroom Ragù

Baked Potatoes with Wild Mushroom Ragù
John Kernick
Provided by:
1 hr 30 mins total 0 mins prep
Grace Parisi likes using a mix of shiitake, oyster, chanterelle and button mushrooms for this succulent ragù to top baked potatoes , but any combination will work.

Ingredients

Directions

  • 1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and rub with oil. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced.
  • 2. Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are deeply browned, 8 minutes. Add the wine and cook until evaporated. Stir in the stock, tarragon and thyme and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
  • 3. Slit the potatoes and fluff the insides with a fork. Season with salt and transfer to plates. Spoon the mushroom ragù onto the potatoes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment