This is a place where I collect and archive recipes from all over the place. These recipes were picked because these are food that I love to eat. I copied the recipes from other sources and I have included the links to each source.

I have cooked some of these dishes and I would be happy to discuss my story with you. Feel free to email me at scientistcooks@gmail.com or check out my food blog www.foodmolecule.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chicken with Red wine and Prunes

Chicken with Red Wine and Prunes
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by:
6 hr total 0 mins prep
Red wine, prunes, and red currant jelly give depth and body to this sauce. The vanilla bean lends an interesting note, but if you'd prefer you can simply leave it out. That said, if you do choose to use it, don't discard after using; it's good for one more go round. Simply rinse the bean well and place it in the kitchen to air dry, then use again for flavoring a custard, or the sugar in your canister.

Ingredients

Directions

  • In a 4 to 7 quart slow cooker combine wine, jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, salt, vanilla bean, if using and prunes. Add chicken and spoon some juices over top.
  • Cover and cook 6 hours on low or until chicken is very tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. If using vanilla bean, remove, rinse and dry and reserve for another use.
  • Place flour in a small saucepan, whisk in pan juices and cook over low until lightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Spoon juices over chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment